Operation CE

This was the designation of British coastal convoys (together with a numerical suffix) plying the route from St Helenís Road, Isle of Wight, to Southend, and as such reciprocals of the 'CW' series (July 1940/May 1944).

The first known of these 262 'Channel Eastward' convoys was CE.5 of 18/19 July 1940 with the 733-ton British Craster, and the last was CE.271 of 30/31 May 1944 with 18 ships including the 1,515-ton Panamanian Isobel.