The 'Battle of Pęcice' was fought between German and Polish resistance forces of the Armia Krajowa during the 'Warsaw Uprising' (2 August 1844).
After heavy fighting n the first day of the 'Warsaw Uprising' during the evening of 1/2 August, the majority of military units of the Armia Krajowa’s 4th Ochota Sub-District, commanded by Podpułkownik Mieczysław Sokołowski (pseudonym 'Grzymała') began to withdraw from Ochota toward the the Sękocin and Chojnowo forests. At 05.00 on 2 August, the grouped units departed from the region of Reguły village via Pęcice in the direction of the forests. German military units were stationed in the manor-house of Pęcice.
The distance from Reguły to Pęcice is about 1.25 miles (2 km). For the insurgents, the terrain was unfavourable in tactical terms as their movement required them to advance along a 0.6-mile (1-km) stretch of road up a slope to Pęcice, followed by a similar length along a dike in a broad, occasionally wet meadow.
The German defenders possessed good observation and fields of fire, and this provided them with a significant advantage over the approaching Polish units. As these latter advanced along the dike, vehicle-carried German troops appeared, and there developed a fight whose sounds alerted the German units in the Pęcice manor-house. The well-placed German units were therefore able to strike the column of insurgent units with accurate machine gun fire. The Polish column divided into two parts: the advance party, including three scout platoons attacking along the road and engaging the main German force, and the main element which, under cover of that attack, bypassed Pęcice on the right and reached the Sękociny and then the Chojnowo forests. The units attacking Pęcice directly suffered heavy losses.
On 2 August, the Germans executed 60 of the captured insurgents in a brick-yard in Pęcice.