Operation TE (ii)

This was the designation Allied convoys (together with a numerical and sometimes a literal suffix) plying the route from Gibraltar or western North African ports to more easterly North African ports, and inaugurated after the successful launch of ‘Torch’ in order to keep the US, British and (later) Free French troops adequately supplied as they moved to the east toward Tunisia (November 1942/July 1943).

The first of the 42 such 'Torch Eastbound' coastal convoys was TE.1 to Oran on 7 November 1942, and the last was TE.26 on 1 July 1943.