Operation WN

This was the designation of British coastal convoys (together with a numerical suffix) plying the route from the Clyde estuary (later Oban and Loch Ewe) to Methil on the Firth of Forth (July 1940/May 1945).

The first of these 722 convoys was WN.1 of 16/19 July 1940 with 25 merchant vessels and no escorts, and the last was WN.692 of 17/19 May 1945 with four merchant vessels and no escorts.